Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Let The Eating Begin

I don't really remember many things about the next couple of weeks, some things are, bright as day others are really muddy. The things are so random, I remember taking my dads rolls of coins out of the freezer and using the money to buy snacks on the first floor of the hospital. Eating disorder anyone?

That must have been the beginning of my love/hate relationship with food. I needed to eat out of boredom/stress/loneliness. I didn't want to eat because I was scared and had no idea what was going on, I was 11 for pete's sake.

I remember going to the drive in to see Tron with our neighbors across the street and hating the movie. I still hate it to this day, though my husband says it's great, I just couldn't get into it. I had other things on my mind.

I remember going to school and one of my teachers telling me that I could just go to the back of the room and occupy myself, since I was traumatized recently.

Looking back, it was very surreal. My dad was in the hospital, we were instantly broke, but the rest of life was going along just like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment